Friday, September 9, 2011

Delhi roads, and crossroads.

Sometimes Delhi roads are like a pretty path cleared between a forest. Beautiful roads with stories to tell. Shanti Path, Race Course Road, Vijay Chowk, Zakir Hussain Road, and of course, Ashoka Road - the one that always leads me home.
"When in doubt, take Ashoka Road". And so I follow that decree to a tee. Whenever I get lost - something really common in Delhi (I mean come on, there are like 37 roundabouts in CP alone) - I take Ashoka Road.
Vijay Chowk is a beautiful road - a crossing, really. On each side lies a landmark worth stopping and admiring - India Gate on one side, the President's Estate (complete with its 300+ rooms) on the other. You know how kids want to grow up and become President? Well, I wanna be President too - just so I can live in that house and stroll in the Mughal Gardens any damn time I want.


It is raining in Delhi - like crazy. It makes me wistful.

This blog was originally meant to be called something else, but I'll save that story for another rainy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment