Wednesday, September 21, 2011

'vandalism

The first time I saw him on stage was for an audition for a narrator. He was clumsy, nervous, and stuttered 18 times in the first three sentences. And I remember thinking to myself, "A dramsoc definitely isn't the right place for this guy!"

(No, this is not the moment I admit I was wrong)

He has kept in touch, despite the fact that I ignore his calls. When I do pick up the phone, I insult him and he just laughs loudly. He forgets my birthday almost every year, but the years he does remember - the gifts are iconic.

The best thing about him is not his sense of humour. It is the fact that he is self-made. Made up of many things, too. Sensitivity for the ladies in his life, loyalty for his family, and courage for himself. I say this because I have only known him off-stage for many years.

On-stage, however, he is a person I do not recognize. (The moment would be... right about now.)
Raghav Mandava, I am happy to admit, is a star. A dynamic, confident, and hilarious stand-up comic.

And a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment